Table of Contents
Detox can be an important first step in your recovery from substance use disorder. The process helps to cleanse the body of toxins, allowing the person to start fresh. But often, it can not be done alone. Without detox, it can be difficult to break the cycle of addiction.
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, the addiction treatment programs at Alter Health Group could benefit you. Our team can help you detox safely and comfortably and provide the resources and support you need to continue on your road to recovery. Contact us today to learn more about how to detox safely.
What Is Detox?
Detox is the process of ridding the body of addictive toxins. When you detox from drugs or alcohol, your body can rid itself of the substances built up over time. Detox centers provide a safe and comfortable environment for people to detox from such substances. Certain substances, including alcohol, can be dangerous to detox without medical supervision.
Drug Withdrawal Timeline
The timeline of withdrawal varies depending on the substance. Withdrawal from alcohol or benzos can be especially dangerous and should always be done under medical supervision. Alcohol withdrawal typically takes place within 48 hours of the last drink, while benzos can take up to a week. Stimulants like cocaine or meth can take up to 10 days to withdraw. Opiates like heroin or prescription painkillers can take up to two weeks.
When entering a detox facility, typically:
- You will be asked to provide information about your medical history and substance use.
- Medical professionals will create a detoxification protocol based on your individual needs.
- You will be monitored by medical staff 24/7 to ensure your safety and comfort.
- You may be given medication to help with withdrawal symptoms.
- You will have access to resources and support to help you through detox.
After you have completed detox, you will typically enter an addiction treatment program. Addiction treatment programs help you recover from addiction and get your life back on track.
5 Benefits of Detoxing
Deciding to enter a detox means you are taking the first step to getting your health back on track. There are many benefits of detoxing, including:
- Detox can help to reduce withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable and even dangerous. Detox can help to reduce these symptoms by providing a safe and comfortable environment.
- Detox can help to improve your overall health. When you detox, your body is able to rid itself of toxins. This removal of toxins can help to improve your overall health and well-being. When your body is healthy, you are more likely to be successful in your recovery.
- Detox can help to improve your mental health. Mental health is an essential part of recovery. When you detox, it helps improve your mental health and well-being. Thinking more clearly can help you make better decisions in your recovery.
- Detox can help to set you up for treatment success. If you are planning on entering a treatment program, detox can help to set you up for success. It can help you to be more successful in treatment and less likely to relapse in the long run.
- Detox can help to save your life. Substance abuse can be deadly. Detox can help save your life by eliminating the toxins in your body contributing negatively to your health and addiction.
Detox Safely at Alter Health Group
Deciding to detox means you are taking the first step on your road to recovery. At Alter Health Group, we are here to help you detox safely and comfortably. We offer detox and addiction treatment programs designed to meet your individual needs. Contact us today to learn more about our detox and addiction treatment programs. We can help you get on the road to recovery and help you achieve your goals.