The Nursing Supervisor is a key member of Alter Health Group Management team who will integrate and coordinate a patient-centric nursing strategy with a keen focus on patient care, and providing team leadership in an inpatient addiction recovery environment. Ensuring the delivery of high-quality and cost-effective health care is consistent with the mission, vision, and values of Alter Health Group and in accordance with government regulation, licensing, and accreditation requirements. Alter Health Group operates a series of evidence-based treatment centers for adults struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health issues. We are a leader and innovator in transforming lives and are establishing a new level of care in substance abuse addiction treatment and mental health treatment.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Medication Room of all locations is in full compliance with all facility or clinic policies, Federal and State Laws, and Regulations at all times.
- Supervises daily nursing / medical operations for staff, makes staff assignments and creates schedules, updates schedules for providers, and supports staff when changes are made.
- Supervises and evaluates work activities of nursing and BHT staff (medication-related) for the workgroup, and other clinic staff, as directed.
- Responsible for ensuring that medical records for Clients are in compliance with facility or clinic policies, Federal and State Laws and Regulations at all times, will review medical records to ensure compliance.
- Oversees quality assurance activities and compliance to operational standards participates in program development, development, or implementation of operating policy and procedure, and promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices, as requested.
- Assists with the recruitment, hiring, and training of new staff; and,
- Facilitates team interaction for discharge planning.
- Evaluate the impact of therapeutic interventions upon a therapeutic milieu.
- Shares pertinent information with the team as obtained from Clients or family throughout the program.
- Collaborates with the medical staff to provide nursing care.
- Attends weekly leadership staff and Performance Improvement meetings.
- As needed, performs clinical nursing activities in a safe, professional manner.
- Maintains compliance with established nursing care standards.
- Supervises and instructs Clients in medication self-administration, including the preparation and giving of injections as ordered by the doctor.
- Obtains lab specimens as ordered by the doctor.
- Assists clients in obtaining medication from the pharmacy.
- Provides health education groups, if necessary.
- Continues with educational courses and in-service training, per policies and procedures.
- Updates knowledge of community resources on a continuous basis.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates objectivity and maturity under stress.
- Responds positively to changing situations in the workplace.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Demonstrates good communication skills.
- Performs in a professional manner and role-models a positive image of mental health.
- Obtains physician orders for admission upon Client’s arrival.
- Reports abuse of Client’s rights immediately.
- Participates in obtaining the Client’s informed consent for procedures, treatments, and research, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medication actions, side effects, and contraindications.
- Performs other tasks, as assigned.
- Licensure: Current license or permit to practice professional nursing in the state of employment.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a CCNE accredited nursing program or related field; Masters preferred.
- Or 7 years or more in managing and supervisor role as a nursing supervisor for mental health and addiction.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of behavioral health nursing clinical practices and management.
- Extensive knowledge of principles and practices relevant to nursing and patient care activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective management and supervisory practices. Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Five or more years of progressive nursing management experience in the behavioral health setting
- Ability to plan, direct, and monitor others’ activities with demonstrated leadership abilities that contribute to a positive work environment
- Proficiency with common computer-based applications such as electronic mail, word processing, and various databases, whether PC, network or mainframe-based.
Benefit Highlights for Alter Management LLC
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company
Retention Bonus of $2000.00
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $80,000.00 per year
Pay: $80,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
Our mission is to provide care for substance abuse and behavioral health issues to help people live full, happy lives. Anyone can thrive with the right support, and every day we commit to proving this idea. We combine evidence and a personal touch with compassion and understanding to help people recover, grow, and build a better life than they had before. To that end, we provide a diverse array of treatments and services by which we aim to promote holistic healing.
California Rehab Campus LLC DBA Alter Addiction Treatment – Dana Point
Alter Mental Health LLC DBA Alter Mental Health – Mission Viejo
Cambridge Mental Health Management LLC Alter Mental Health – Irvine
Altignis Campus LLC DBA Alter Mental Health – San Diego
Altignis Health, LLC