Alter Health Group is currently seeking a full-time Licensed Vocational Nurse or Psychiatric Technician for our SUD and Primary Mental Health facilities, located in Irvine and Dana Point, CA. This innovative, evidence-based treatment program is specifically designed to treat primary mental health diagnoses including ASD, co-occurring disorders, and Substance Use Disorder. Our mission is to provide the highest level of personalized care and treatment to every individual seeking support to restore and maintain their highest level of functioning. Our dedicated team of professionals employ a comprehensive, multidimensional approach to create a more well-rounded and personalized experience for each individual seeking treatment.
The LVN/LPT is an essential component of the residential treatment team and is responsible for dispensing client medications, collaborating with other medical staff, monitoring vitals and symptoms, building rapport with clients, and following-up on medical appointments.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Current LVN license or LPT licensure in State of operations required.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Two years of experience as an LVN , PT in a detox or primary mental health residential facility.
- Knowledge of basic principles, practices and techniques of mental health and drug and alcohol intervention.
- Knowledge of medications effects, indications, and contraindications.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- If in personal recovery, a minimum of 2 years clean and sober.
- Flexibility is a must–need to be willing to work weekends and graveyard shifts.
- Alter Health Group is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability discrimination laws.
- Ability to sit, use hands and fingers, talk or hear, and smell continually. Ability to stand, walk and reach frequently. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch occasionally.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Close vision required to see a computer monitor, read documents, and operate a copy and fax machine. Distance vision required to drive an automobile, if driving is a requirement of the job.
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Moderate noise levels as found in a business office with computer printers, households with TVs and dishwashers, and driving light traffic
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Physician’s instructions on medication management protocol and procedures.
- Monitor clients physical and emotional well being; vital signs checked per physician order.
- Monitor client’s vital signs for signs/symptoms of medication reaction.
- Write notes and reports, as protocol and procedures indicate.
- Document and report on client’s status to team members.
- Complete nursing assessment on clients admitted to a social residential transitional program.
- Complete transcription of doctor’s orders pertaining to modified protocols.
- Assist clients with all self-administered medications via monitoring as directed by the appropriate health care professional (i.e. Nursing Supervisor).
- Assist clients with personal hygiene.
- Attend job-related meetings, in-service training, staff development training, participate in team problem solving methods, building rapport, respond to requests, and maintain a cooperative relationship among the health care team by communicating information.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, and informing the Nursing Manager so that the manager may place order(s) for supplies.
Competitive Benefits (After 30 Days):
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Days
- 401K Matching
Job Type: Full Time
Retention Bonus: $2,000.00
Pay: $26.50-$28.50 per hour
Shifts: 12 hours
Our mission is to provide care for mental health disorders and behavioral health issues to help people live full, happy lives. Anyone can thrive with the right support, and every day we commit to proving this idea. We combine evidence and a personal touch with compassion and understanding to help people recover, grow, and build a better life than they had before. To that end, we provide a diverse array of treatments and services by which we aim to promote holistic healing.
California Rehab Campus LLC DBA Alter Addiction Treatment – Dana Point
Alter Mental Health LLC DBA Alter Mental Health – Mission Viejo
Cambridge Mental Health Management LLC Alter Mental Health – Irvine
Altignis Campus LLC DBA Alter Mental Health – San Diego
Altignis Health, LLC
- CONTACT US
34185 Violet Lantern
Dana Point, CA 92629