The House Manager is responsible for the supervision of clients in a social-model detoxification Residential, and/or Sober living setting. The House Manager r shall provide a safe, supportive, and caring environment in which the clients will continue their recovery. The House Manager and Driver are expected to cooperate as a team member with Alter Health Group management and the clinical staff team. The House Manager has knowledge of and is culturally sensitive to clients and employees. He/she is knowledgeable of the treatment process and the problem issues presented by clients participating in Alter Health Group’s treatment programs. The House Manager is responsible to provide a safe, comfortable, and clean residence for clients during their treatment.
- GED and/or high school diploma (preferred)
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Preferably previous experience working in the field of recovery.
- Minimum 90 days of sobriety if participating in a program of recovery.
- Familiar with agency policies and procedures for Resident and the program goals and objectives.
- CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Current T.B. clearance.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop rapport with clients in a treatment setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, supervisors, and clinical staff.
- Uphold and enforce the agency’s standards, policies, procedures, code of conduct, and rights of persons served.
- Manage and supervise clients by enforcing program rules and guidelines.
- Maintain overall upkeep and cleanliness of the assigned facility.
- Responsible for supervision of daily house chores (if applicable).
- Report all health and safety hazards and facility and/or vehicle maintenance/repair problems to the Safety Officer.
- Monitor and record client medications according to agency policies and procedures.
- Monitor and report client behavior with medication side effects.
- Provide safe, supervised, client transportation to scheduled off-site activities (12-Step meetings, outings, physician appointments, recreational and recovery-related activities, etc.)
- Responsible for vehicle upkeep and conformance with Vehicle Safety Binder.
- Maintain accurate monthly vehicle safety inspection and mileage records.
- Conduct random client urinalysis drug screens and document accordingly.
- Immediately document and report critical incidents, behavioral incidents, and medication errors to Supervisor & Clinical Team
- Participate in mandatory ongoing Health & Safety training as scheduled.
- Participate in scheduled Human Resources training sessions.
- Conduct residence orientation to new clients that includes reviewing safety drills and locations of fire extinguishers, emergency evacuation diagrams, exit routes, evacuation procedures, and first-aid kits.
- Responsible for client attendance of daily recovery activities as scheduled.
- Conduct weekly client house meetings to discuss internal conflicts, review house rules, accept requests to see physicians, review appointments for upcoming weeks.
- Document all instances of infections diseases as described in infection prevention and control procedures located in Safety Binder.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the facility Safety Binder and document accordingly.
- Conduct emergency safety drills when announced by Supervisor or Management.
- May provide suggestions to clients relating to personal experience, strength, and hope.
- Refer clients to his/her therapist/counselor for psychological/emotional issues.
- Additional duties may be required if deemed necessary by the administration.
Additional Job Description
The above job description is intended to describe the content and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Signatures below indicate that this job description has been reviewed with the employee by the supervisor and that the employee has been given the opportunity to ask questions. (A copy has been provided for future reference). California Rehab Campus reserves the right to change, add or delete at any time from this Job Description to meet the needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $20.00 – $23.00
Our mission is to provide care for mental health disorders and behavioral health issues to help people live full, happy lives. Anyone can thrive with the right support, and every day we commit to proving this idea. We combine evidence and a personal touch with compassion and understanding to help people recover, grow, and build a better life than they had before. To that end, we provide a diverse array of treatments and services by which we aim to promote holistic healing.
California Rehab Campus LLC DBA Alter Addiction Treatment – Dana Point
Alter Mental Health LLC DBA Alter Mental Health – Mission Viejo
Cambridge Mental Health Management LLC Alter Mental Health – Irvine
Altignis Campus LLC DBA Alter Mental Health – San Diego
Altignis Health, LLC