As a Crisis Support Counselor the primary goal is to provide on-going peer counseling and support for people in crisis. This service will provide support virtual services, over the telephone and via chat; for individuals impacted by COVID 19. CSC will assist individuals and communities in recovering from effects of natural and human-caused disasters by assisting survivors in understanding their current situation and reactions, mitigating stress, developing coping strategies, providing emotional support, and encouraging linkages with resources and longer-term supportive services. CSC team members are equipped to respond to critical situations and provide on-going support utilizing evidence-based practices over the duration of the crisis to stabilize the individual in the immediate and long-term placement.
- Crisis Support Counselors is still providing virtual services to individuals and families during this COVID-19 pandemic.
- Works with individuals, families, and groups to provide crisis counseling services virtually. Services include outreach, emotional support, individual and group crisis counseling, public education, and referrals when needed.
- Connect with community members who are requesting Crisis Counseling services via the CCP Work in a culturally sensitive manner with individuals, families, and groups to provide emotional support, virtual individual and group crisis counseling, public education, and referrals when needed.
- Possess knowledge of local and statewide resources and assistance available to individuals and families impacted by COVID-19.
- Possess a basic understanding of COVID-19 (i.e., clinical signs and symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis, transmission, infectious period, contacting tracking, isolation, and quarantine)and stay updated with the latest CDC and STATE COVID-19 guidelines.
- Establish trust with callers and identify resources that would benefit their situation.
- Provide counseling to callers, promote resilience and successful coping techniques, and explore the caller’s mental and emotional state-of-mind through active, comforting, positive, and problem-solving language.
- Use the designated digital applications to collect and enter CCP (Crisis Counseling Assistance and Training Program) service data in an accurate and timely manner.
- At a minimum, shall have a high school diploma or General Education Development.
- Experienced in operation of a laptop. Proficient in online virtual communication and are comfortable navigating new and exciting websites and online platforms.
- Bilingual (preferred, but not required): Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Korean, Armenian, and Persian.
- Training will be provided, no experience necessary.
- Ability to relate to others through life crisis experience. (preferred)
- Individuals at high-risk for domestic violence
- Individuals at high-risk for suicide
- Comfortable counseling the following individuals: – Youth, particularly Tansistional Age Youth and elementary age youth. – Parents, families, and caregivers for young children. – Older Adults – Veterans – LGBTQ+ Communities.
- Comfortable counseling a wide variety of individuals: African American communities – Latin and Hispanic populations – Native American/Tribal communities – Asian Americans
- Temporary Position (possibility of full time employment)
- 8 hour shift/5 days per week
Job Type: Remote
Pay: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
Our mission is to provide care for mental health disorders and behavioral health issues to help people live full, happy lives. Anyone can thrive with the right support, and every day we commit to proving this idea. We combine evidence and a personal touch with compassion and understanding to help people recover, grow, and build a better life than they had before. To that end, we provide a diverse array of treatments and services by which we aim to promote holistic healing.
California Rehab Campus LLC DBA Alter Addiction Treatment – Dana Point
Alter Mental Health LLC DBA Alter Mental Health – Mission Viejo
Cambridge Mental Health Management LLC Alter Mental Health – Irvine
Altignis Campus LLC DBA Alter Mental Health – San Diego
Altignis Health, LLC
- CONTACT US
34185 Violet Lantern
Dana Point, CA 92629