The primary role of the Care Coordinator/Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) is in providing direct and support services to female or male clients suffering from mental illness, a co-occurring disorder, or substance addiction. Specifically, the two main functions of the CC/BHT are 1) supervision of the clients and 2) ensuring their participation in treatment-related services and facilitating psycho-educational, activities of daily living and attending community support and recreational activities.
Care Coordinators, make sure each group happens on time, individuals get to their therapy and case management sessions on time and when they leave session our Care Coordinators make sure the individual returns to the group to finish out the group session properly. On top of the daily & nightly itinerary being adhered to, the Care Coordinators assist with AMA blocking and channeling client requests to the proper person, whether that is their therapist, case manager, nursing manager, program manager, or clinical director.
Education, Experience Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma required Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Personal experience being a consumer of mental health services.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and flexible hours.
- If in personal recovery, a minimum of 2 years clean and sober.
- Flexibility required–must be willing and able to work weekends and graveyard shifts.
CRC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability discrimination laws.
- Ability to sit, use hands and fingers, talk or hear, and smell continual. Ability to stand, walk, and reach frequently. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch occasionally.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents and operate copy and fax machine. Distance vision required to drive an automobile, if driving is a requirement of the job.
- Work environment is indoors and climate-controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Moderate noise levels as found in a business office with computer printers, households with TVs and dishwashers, and driving in traffic.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in supervision of client activities and be aware of client’s whereabouts at all times, including breaks and internal activities.
- Attend all mandatory training and in-house conferences/seminars.
- Engages clients in therapeutic activities as appropriate.
- Provides a brief overview of the housing program in regard to program rules, procedures, and services; with each new client.
- Maintains order and ensures compliance with rules and regulations; ensures that clients conduct themselves in an orderly manner.
- Monitors and document’s clients for signs of medical distress and/or behavioral concerns on an ongoing basis.
- Provides appropriate support and structure for clients in dealing with their recovery; interacts continually with clients.
- Ensures client wake-up and bedtime, escorts residents on shopping trips, recreation, meetings, medical appointments, etc.
- Enforces program rules at all times. Make professional relationships with clients.
Distributes daily mail to clients and observes confidentiality standards.
- Records accurate and up-to-date reports on every client and continually updates the bed list(s) to ensure that all admissions and discharges are recorded in a timely fashion.
- Reports to the supervisor any discrepancies in client’s whereabouts.
- Responds appropriately to all medical and other emergencies.
- When assigned to drive Company vehicles, BHT’s are responsible for safe operation and maintenance of vehicles.
- Conducts search of all client bags when being admitted to the facility. Confiscates and secures any contraband found, and notifies the appropriate supervisor on duty in their absence.
- Randomly inspects all rooms, common areas, hallways and bathrooms every thirty minutes and performs a thorough search for contraband, no less than weekly.
- Must have a valid class B license.
- Knowledge of DHCS and Joint Commission
- KIPU knowledge, EMR familiarity
Competitive Benefits (After 30 Days):
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Days
- 401K Matching
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $18.00-$23.00 per hour
Our mission is to provide care for substance abuse and behavioral health issues to help people live full, happy lives. Anyone can thrive with the right support, and every day we commit to proving this idea. We combine evidence and a personal touch with compassion and understanding to help people recover, grow, and build a better life than they had before. To that end, we provide a diverse array of treatments and services by which we aim to promote holistic healing.
Alter Addiction Treatment Dana Point DBA California Rehab Campus LLC
Alter Mental Health Mission Viejo DBA Alter Mental Health LLC
Alter Mental Health Irvine DBA Cambridge Mental Health Management LLC
Alter Mental Health San Diego DBA Altignis Campus LLC
Alter Wellness Care Laguna Beach DBA Altignis Health LLC